Saturday, July 11, 2009

Macon Report

Here in about 12 hours or so i plan on leaving Macon. I have had a really great time here. The number of really great people that have taken me in, and over all resonce have made this one of the best cities I have stopped in by far. Ok, so i havnt really been on the road too long to stop at to many places. But here and Crawford were both amazing. I have spent most of the week at Life Center here in Macon. One of their guys, Ben, has provided me with a fouton and shower. I really like the way that this church is stuctured and laid out. Their small group are more inportant to the way the church functions than most places I have experianced. Even to the point of there being no janitorial staff at the church because the life groups are expected to take care of the cleaning on a rotating basis. People here seem to have a very genuine level of comunity and comitment not often found in my experiance. They also have some summer interns that I ahve been able to hang out with, and a contruction/rebuild project that I have been able to help out with some, so being able to help out a little was nice. How I got to life center is a pretty long and interesting story, and its a little to late at night for me to be typing the whole thing out. But in breaf it involves being told to move on from a church, some awesome people at a gasstation, several really neat chance encounters, chinese food, being taken in for the night by two seperate couples, hanging some shelves, and making quite a few new friends. I may have a partner join me for the next few weeks or so, but I think that i will have to wait a few more days before I find out for sure.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had been out of town for a week and was so glad to see your updates when I got home. Glad your journey is going well. We will continue to pray for you at Crawford. God Bless!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, Will.

Sounds like you're learin' that the church is made up of people! Some nice, some... not so much :-)! Call me when you can... we have a care package we want to send to a post office on the way or hand deliver to you.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home