Friday, July 31, 2009

IE has experianced an error and needs to close.

Horray, for blogging. This could be a long one, allot has happened since the last time I posted.



Last week, Mr. Kuehner got in at about 5 and got to meet Jeffery before church., He brought me a great care package fukk of notes, supplies, and of course candy! It was a really big encouragement to get to spend some time with him, and to know that Life Christian was keeping me in their thoughts and prayers. The other thing that was so great about having Mr. Kuehner there was that he is my only link to the more charasmatic elements of teaching in my growing up. Because of him I think that the gifts of the Spirit are still alive and active in the church today, but I have very little knowledge or expreiance pertaining to them and how they should be properly manifested. Well, I was going to see some of them manifested that night at the service at The Sactuary. The service was one of the most dynamic services I have ever experianced. The "head" minister got up after praise and worship and told us all that he didnt have any real message for the church. He asked who did. For the next 30-40 minutes, the microphone was handed around from one person to another. Anyone who had a word for the body was given a chance to speak it. I really enjoyed and apreciated the trust and vitality exibited inside the body of their fellowship.

I had been conscipted into service running sound shortly after I got there, so after the service I came down and got to meet a lot of really incredible people that Jeffery had wanted me to get a chance to talk to. ** at this point my post got deleted, and it is late now, so quality of report will go down I appologise**

Vaughn from the Sanctuary spoke some really encouraging prophetic words over me, I have very little experiance with this sort of thing, but the bible says that prophecy is to exort the body. I fealt very encouraged by it.

I walked the nest several days, and made good time. The liner socks have helped allot with my blisters.

I got to Swainsboro, met JJ a pizza delivery guy when he offered to give me a ride. He throught what I was doing was so neat that he made me sign something for him. He also let me chill at his trailer until I was ready to walk after the midday sun. No one else was there, compleate trust.

That day I finshed walking to Twincity. One of the people that Jeffery had introduced me to was a minister in that area, and I was supposed to call him when i got to Twincity so we could meet up. He didnt answer his phone when I called him. I was sitting outside of a gasstation for less than 2 minutes when a man walked up, after only about 30 second of conversation he offered for me to come to thier house and swim and eat diner. It turns out that they are also out of church christians. One of their biggest problems with the way the instatutional church works is that it robs the average member of thier personal minestry. I do not feal that the church nessesarily robs members by not allowing them to take part, but it can and often does rob them by a lack of opportunity and especialy a lack of expectation to be active and vital in the body.

I got in touch with Tony (Jeffery's freind in the Twincity/metter/garfield area) and he took me to a minestry that he is connected to called New Beginings in Christ. I stayed there for half the week, and have been staing at his house the last three nights. NBIC is run by an amazing couple named Donald and Joanna Atkinson. Faith based rehab is a really interesting portrait that the church could learn allot from. There is genuine comunity there, and people are open and honest with their problems, genuinly seeking help and wisdom in the comunity. Tony and his family have been great to me, his wife and two daughters have made me feal very much at home. Tony and I have spent a ton of time talking and he has ad allotto say that has taught me allot.

Sorry that there are very few details in the post, but it has gotten late and this post is already slow in getting here. Hopefully I will be able to fill in the details a bit more later on.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Always good to see a new post. I hope your birhday was a good one!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Isn't that interesting... not ALL structure is bad :-)! Dependable "operating systems" are extremely important. The trick, with an operating system is to balance the "rules" of structure with the "freedom" of creativity. Err too far on either side and the result is less than optimal!! At the same time, the rules, freedom and creativity MUST result in outcomes that are true. Anything less that 100% submission to "Truth" is... well... "NOT true", and valueless, except as a pointer and object lesson that improves the operating system. Hmmm... have I pushed the metaphor too far :-)??

6:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

BTW... as a certified Mac evangelist, I should ask you, "If you were to experience a critical failure tonight, do you know where your data would spend eternity??" Would you like to experience peace? You could have it, you know. Hold my hand at the Apple Store and repeat after me...

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home